Tuesday, 13th September 2016
Luttrellstown Castle Resort is delighted to announce the appointment of Peter Lawrie as its Director of Golf. Peter, who has been a professional golfer since 1997 and on the PGA European Tour since 2003, has played in over 400 events. Peter holds a BComm from University College Dublin and together with his over 20 years golfing experience, is starting a new chapter in his career at Luttrellstown Castle Resort following his passion for golf and the golf industry. Peter will continue to play on the Tour until the end of the year and remain on the Player’s Committee.
Speaking today, Colm Hannon, Chief Executive of Adare Manor & Luttrellstown Castle Resort, said:
“We are delighted that Peter is joining the team at Luttrellstown Castle Resort*, Peter has had a successful professional career and brings over 20 years of golfing experience with him, including professional playing, and golf mentoring and tuition for juniors and aspiring golf professionals. Peter has also worked closely with the European Tour on a range of initiatives, including coaching programmes and developing relationships with new promoters for the sport. Peter was also elected onto the Players’ Committee, which is responsible for creating and updating rules, regulations and business policies on the Tour. Peter has extensive experience in organising and participating in many high profile tournaments and events throughout the world, which will be invaluable to his new role maintaining Luttrellstown Castle Resort as the premier golf club in the Dublin area”.
Peter Lawrie said:
“I have enjoyed my years on the tour and have made many great friends and contacts. I hope to build on my relationships to promote Luttrellstown Castle Resort as the top class venue it is, in Ireland. I am very excited by this new role. I know the course well and look forward very much to working with the team”.
Paul McGinley, winning European Ryder Cup captain in 2014 (first Irishman to captain Europe’s Ryder Cup side), said:
“I wish Peter the very best of luck in this new role at Luttrellstown Castle Resort. Peter brings great energy, enthusiasm and professionalism with him and is always a great ambassador for golf in Ireland and internationally”.
*Peter will join the Luttrellstown Castle Resort team led by Anthony Smiddy, General Manager.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +353-1-4980300 / +353-87-2558300
Note to Editors
- Born in Dublin and educated at Terenure College and University College Dublin (BComm)
- Professional golfer on the PGA European Tour since 2003
- Won the Spanish Open in 2008 and finished runner-up (by way of play-off) at the Spanish Open in 2003, KLM Dutch Open 2010 and Czech Masters in 2012.
- Awarded Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the year on the European Tour in 2003 – only man in Ireland (to date) to win this prestigious award.
- Voted by his contemporaries onto the Player’s Committee, which is responsible for creating and up-dating rules, regulations and business policies on the PGA European Tour.
- In conjunction with the Confederation of Golf in Ireland, developed national junior golf camps throughout Ireland. These camps will be rolled-out Spring/Summer 2017 under the brand “Fairways – national junior golf camps”.
- Oversaw the development and promoted the GreenI Technology application for use by both players and patrons to track on-course groupings at the BMW Championship at Wentworth and the season ending Race to Dubai Championship.
- Runs the annual Peter Lawrie Golf Classic in aid of the charity RESPECT.
- Peter will continue to play on the Tour until the end of the year and remain on the Player’s Committee.
Luttrellstown Castle Resort
Luttrellstown Castle is situated within the 567 acre walled estate of Luttrellstown Castle Resort, only 20 minutes’ drive to the centre of Dublin City and Dublin Airport. The 18-hole championship parkland course has undergone a complete redevelopment – all of the 18 holes has been modified and enhanced. The Golf Course & Clubhouse are located on the eastern side of the estate and is bounded by mature woodlands. The natural contours of the land have been cleverly used to maintain the integrity of this ancient landscape. The course measures over 7347 yards from the championship tees, making it a worthy test for golfers of the highest standard. Full practice facilities are available, including chipping and putting greens.